We are looking for an experienced General Manager. You will oversee daily operations at DOGMA. Team leadership from top down will be your responsibility. You will be closely working with the executive team to meet quarterly and yearly goals. DOGMA’s team consists of hardworking dog lovers. You will be guiding them to next level operations and efficiency. Team members will rely on you to seamlessly manage, schedule and lead DOGMA into the future. Technology is a major component in managing overall operations.
The DOGMA opportunity:
We have a great team here at DOGMA. Some of our employees have been here since we opened back in 2016. Working with dogs requires you to be a people person too, not only a dog person. Getting along with teammates, clients and managers is a key quality that we look for. The ability to get along well with people will is not a mere suggestion, it is a requirement.
As the GM you have card blanche to innovate and grow the team, the business and above all the dogs’ life experience while they are staying at DOGMA.
DOGMA is looking for an individual that has a strong mentality, does not shy away from challenges and knows how to navigate client expectations.
DOGMA is supportive and inclusive of all people and dogs.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes & training
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows rules of the business and safety codes
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, operations)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills & management skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- College education a plus
- Lover of people as well as dogs
- Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude
"*" indicates required fields